Are you considering a career as a dental assistant but worried about the “day-to-day” monotonous grind? Well, we’ve got news for you – dental assisting is more than teeth! At Creekside Academy of Dental Assisting, we’ve designed our program to teach you various non-dental skills that’ll take your career and personal development to the next level. With our dental assistant training program in Cottonwood Heights, UT, you’ll learn how to unleash the eye of the tiger and embark on a thrilling journey across a magically-dental world.
Here are ten non-technical skills you’ll learn from our program that’ll blow you away:
- Master Communicator: You might become a better storyteller after our program! After all, dental assistants are always on stage- speaking with new patients, potential guests, other teammates, etc. It’s a demanding position that might feel like a circus at times. Regardless, it’s an invaluable experience that’ll benefit you throughout your life! You’ll learn how to effectively communicate with different types of people, anticipate their needs, and put them at ease.
- Organizational Skills: Dental offices are busy places, and you’ll need to be able to juggle multiple tasks at once. You’ll learn how to manage your time, prioritize your responsibilities, and keep track of patient records and appointments. These skills will serve you well in any job or situation.
- Attention to Detail: Dental procedures require precision and accuracy, and dental assistants ensure everything goes smoothly. You’ll learn to pay close attention to details, follow instructions carefully, and maintain a clean environment.
- Technical Skills: Besides the non-dental skills you’ll learn, you’ll also gain technical skills in dental procedures and instruments. You’ll learn to take X-rays, make impressions, assist with fillings and extractions, and more. These skills will make you a valuable member of any dental team.
- Teamwork: Dental offices are collaborative environments, and you’ll learn how to work effectively with others to achieve common goals. You’ll also learn how to take direction from the dentist, support the hygienist, and collaborate with other dental assistants.
- Problem-Solving: No two patients or dental procedures are exactly alike, and you’ll need to be able to think on your feet and adapt to changing situations. You’ll learn to troubleshoot problems, find creative solutions, and stay calm under pressure.
- Empathy: Dental procedures can be intimidating or painful for some patients, and you’ll need to empathize with their concerns and offer reassurance and support. You’ll learn to provide compassionate care and build strong patient relationships.
- Lifelong Learning: Dentistry constantly evolves, and riding the tidal wave of medical development is essential. Keeping up-to-date on new technologies, procedures, and best practices will keep your skills sharp and your patients happy. You’ll learn how to continue your education and pursue professional development opportunities throughout your career.
- Career Flexibility: A dental assistant training program can prepare you for various career paths, including dental assisting, dental hygiene, or dental office management. You’ll have the skills and knowledge to pursue a career that aligns with your interests and goals.
- Personal Growth: Our dental assistant training program can be a transformative experience that helps you develop confidence, self-discipline, and a sense of purpose. You’ll gain valuable life skills that serve you regardless of career, family, or educational choices.
Dental Assistant Training Program in Cottonwood Heights, UT
Becoming a dental assistant is an exciting and rewarding career choice. After all, our excellent instructors are excited to meet you! You’ll gain valuable technical skills in the dental field and develop a host of non-dental skills that will serve you well throughout your career and life. From effective communication and time management to compassion and problem-solving, the skills you’ll acquire in our dental assistant training program will help you succeed professionally.